Intermediate/Senior Landscape Architect
serving clients in Lower Mainland, BC
Are you a creative designer, motivated individual, and generally nice person who likes the idea of tackling the design challenges of today and tomorrow? If yes, we’d like to hear from you.
Who are we?
- We’re a boutique firm with offices on central Vancouver Island and in the Lower Mainland, led by professionals with 30+ years of experience.
- We work with fantastic public and private sector clients who share a common goal of planning and designing resilient communities. Our clients keep coming back for thoughtful help.
- Our work spans all scales – from helping a community envision their 20-year future to collaborating with contractors to get design into the ground.
- We believe our world is evolving and we want to do our part in supporting a bright future. We’re looking to add a talented colleague to our Lower Mainland team on this journey. Or, if you are exceptionally talented and like to ride a seaplane, helicopter, or possibly one day a catamaran, we would also consider you for our affordable Nanaimo location to serve clients on the Mainland and throughout BC.
Who are You?
- You enjoy variety in the work you do. You’re ready to take on projects that span the realms of planning, design, and community engagement. There’s no project too big or too small, you’ll tackle them all.
- You love helping clients attain their goals. You want clients to feel good about the process and outcomes and to have some fun on the journey.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You’re able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to just about anyone under the sun. You’re also unafraid to use a semicolon.
- You’re ready for a challenge each day. You like learning new things and you can learn them quickly. You’re ready to expand your boundaries.
- What do you need to land this career?
- School: A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
- Experience: A strong understanding about the ins and outs of working in the profession because you’ve been doing it for 5 to 15 (or more) years; plus, a desire to establish a long-term career towards a Principal position.
- Leadership Skills: Ability and willingness to lead project teams on complex and multi-disciplinary jobs, including the really tough ones.
- Design Skills: The ability to think and communicate in 3D and a well-rounded skill set that allows you to take your ideas from initial concept through construction.
- Computer Skills: Mad skills in Vectorworks, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite. And if you have 3D Visualization skills, we’d really like to hear about that.
- People Skills: Confidence and the ability to play well with others – colleagues, clients, and other consultants. We value our relationships and are looking to add people who maintain our positive, friendly atmosphere.
Wow us by submitting cover letter, resume, and portfolio to info[at]lanarcconsultants.ca. If you + Lanarc = a fit, we offer competitive salary, benefits, flexibility, fantastic colleagues, and opportunities for growing your career.